Here are few tips to help you accessorize and to get the most out of your new and trendy look.
1. Jewellery: Jewellery is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of dressing up your outfit. Apart from traditional pieces, you can now purchase artificial jewellery that goes well with both ethnic and western dresses. The general rule of thumb is to wear chunky pieces with a plain dress and to wear simple, subtle pieces with heavily printed dress materials.
2. Bangles, earrings and anklets: Big bangles look beautiful with one piece dresses. Mix and match the colours to create a sense of variety. With earrings, you can really experiment. Long danglers look perfect with low cut necklines, similarly small studs will look beautiful and classy with collared shirts.
If you are fond of wearing quarter pants or knee length dresses, accessorise by wearing anklets. They add a touch of subtle feminism to any gear.
3. Shades: You will be surprised but even with a trendy pair of glares you can style up your appearance. Large framed shades are in vogue this season. You may see lot of celebs supporting big shades and looking modish. A nice pair of glares can go well with all your dresses and create a style statement.
4. Hats and Scarves: Not only do hats and scarves serve a utility purpose but they also make you look fashionable. You can team up a hat with almost any outfit. With beachwear, you can adorn a straw hat.
If you live in cooler climes, wear woollen hats that come in beautiful designs and colours to go with your overcoat. A simple chiffon scarf tied around the neck looks beautiful with both formal and casual wear.
5. Belts: Just a couple of years ago, no one could have imagined the difference a simple belt can make to an outfit. But now thanks to designers who brought to us a world full of choices. A wide belt can transform the look of your dress completely. It also makes the waist look smaller and doesn’t bring attention to your midriff. Use thinner belts when you wish to accentuate your waistline. Accessorizing with trendy belts will make you look voguish. You can mix and match them with various outfits.
6. While Traveling: While traveling or holidaying, you are bound to travel light. So you can do serious mixing-and-matching and with the help of accessories like scraves, belts, jewellery give new look to your clothes. You can get multiple looks with your little black dress with a bunch of simple accessories.
Q. What is the best beach party look?
If you are wearing a two-piece, wear a long necklace that is in contrast to your outfit. Wear a sarong and support the look with classy shades and a low brim hat.
You can get many looks with one simple dress, depending upon the occasion.
- Shopping: Wear a printed scarf or stole around your neck to add colour. You can even wear a shrug. Take a bright colour sling bag and comfortable nude colour footwear to complete the look.
- Night Out: Same black dress can be worn with heels and a dressy clutch. Wear a statement piece of jewellery like a neckpiece or a watch.
- Official Meeting: Wear a formal blazer and formal pumps in black or grey colour. Keep jewellery to small and elegant pieces, like studs or pearls. You can carry a mid-size handbag in neutral colour.
- Lunch with friends : Wear funky bangles and earrings to add drama to your attire. Gladiators or sandal with a colourful bag will look great.
Q. What accessories will help make a full figured woman look shapely?
Wear dresses with small prints and tie a belt on your midriff to make your waist look smaller.
Accessorizing is fun and gives variety to clothing. You can create different looks with different accessories each time. Just team up any dress with jewellery, belts, scarves, the choices are endless. Next time you go out, don’t forget to accessorize to add a bit of spark and a dash of glamour to your evening.
Remember….A great outfit can be ruined with wrong accessories.
If clothes make the man, then perhaps, accessories define the outfit.
Book -Accessories of Dress