Women, the Creator of the Creativity!
-Alphonse de Lamartine
Of Course, there is!
God took a lot of time and care while creating the woman, as she was destined to be the creator of multitudes of things in her life and for her family.
Call it her creative outlet, a hobby, her passion or even her slight weakness; a woman likes to do a lot of her work herself, whether it is sewing and stitching the clothes, decorating her house with flowers, wrapping up her gifts to the others, breeding her pets, making her scrap book et all!
Creative people are sensitive ones; they think more with their hearts than with their minds.
The world is full of options when you want to channelize your creativity into constructive ways! Just a few common tips to help you in identifying some of the options that could suit your style of creativity:
1. Stitching and Sewing: Stitching, Sewing, Knitting, Embroidery and Quilting is as old as the human history; even today, it is the favorite past time of a lot of women. A woman feels pride in making clothe and quilts for herself and for her family. Sewing is also an exercise to the body, however old fashioned this activity seems to some people.
2. Gardening, Tree Arts and Landscaping: Gardening in and around your home is a hobby unlike any other hobbies; it exercises and gives fresh air to the body, provide a blanket of greenery and colour therapy to the eyes and a sense of calm and peacefulness to the heart and mind. Taking up gardening is quite easy too.
3. Flower Arrangement: Flower arrangement around your home is an amazing talent and flower arrangement as a business would do more to augment your bank balance.
4. Reading and Writing: Reading enriches your mind and makes you a knowledgeable person. Writing enriches your soul and makes you the Queen of the characters you develop in your book and the articles you write in your notepad. You can derive an amazing happiness in looking at the happy faces of the people who read your work.
If you are not comfortable in writing professionally, you may always indulge in writing blogs. A blog is the mirror of an individual heart; what you think of can be shared with the people of your choice or to the public in general.
5. Fine Arts: The fine arts of Drawing, Painting, Sculpture, Dance, Drama, Music , Rangoli and Theatricals; indulging in any of these arts opens doors for creativity, peacefulness, stress-free state of mind and happiness for you.
It is not necessary that you should be an expert in any of these fields; if you are, that would be fabulous. However, if you are not, nothing is lost and there is a lot to be gained from developing your creativity in any of these activities.
Painting can even be done on ceramics, glass and pots. You can draw murals around your room. You don’t need a specific canvass, when the whole world could be your canvass to paint around with.
If Music is the reflection of your soul, then dance is the reflection of your heart. You may adopt some one’s style or may even develop your own style of these twin arts.
Sculpture can be made even out of discarded household goods, old plastic bottles, office supply, CD shards, paper and driftwood. Sculpture is not necessarily made with stone or bronze anymore!
A landscape picture could relax you. A nature picture may delight you. A human picture may capture your imagination and a serenity picture may calm you down. A picture, of course, speaks more than a thousand words!
7. Artificial Jewelry and Artifice: Artificial jewelry and artifice can even be made at your home;
you may however, need to undergo a course on this to get into the knack of making of them.
There are so many creative ways of spending your time and energy; such an art will enhance your capabilities, calibre and physical and mental dynamics.
I am a successful business woman and even though, I would very much like to spend time on any creative activity, I am unable to do so due to my heavy-duty work schedule. How can I do something on my own in the field of creativity?
Being a successful woman in business is in itself certifies your creativity; you have come up in the man’s world to be a successful business woman and that can not be achieved on minor terms.
Any success need a measure of creative thinking, application of the vision to the future, converting the thinking into practice and thereby, reaping the benefits of your idea or creative thinking into competitive advantage.
However, try to develop some hobby, which can help you to De-stress from work. All you need is to do some time management and prioritization. Things automatically fall in place.
Creating something new or mending something old helps you to channelize your happiness. Creativity helps you in easing your stress out, gives you a tremendous sense of accomplishment, helps you in bonding with the others (when you gift them the products of your creativity) and assist you in earning a constant income on the side.
“Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself”. G.B. Shaw