Your make up depends upon your skin type: you may not wear a make up meant for dry skin to the oily skin. Hence identify your skin type, whether it is neutral, dry, oily or moisturized skin. You must obviously know your skin type; if not, you may take the help of the cosmetic shop people. They will take the basic test and shall let you know of your skin type.
You may also ask their advice for the make up items that are suitable for your skin type and shop for them according to your budgetary requirements.
- Use Quality Products: You may always buy a couple of quality products at a higher price rather than buying ten low quality products at a cheaper cost. Remember, the make up materials are full of chemicals and if you would compromise on their quality, they may compromise on your skin.
- Make up your Neck: Whenever you apply make up, always stretch it to your neck too. Otherwise, your face will look decorated and your neck will look shades darker.
- Make up and skin tone: Whatever the colour you choose for your make up, make sure that it matches your skin tone, your eyes and your hair colour.
- Make up for the occasion: Your make up should always match the occasion: there should be differences between your make up for career interview, marriages, family function, for travelling etc.
- Remove your make up: Always remove all your make-up before going to bed in order to avoid prolonged chemical exposure to your face, eyes, lips and skin.
Easy Application of Make-Up Tips:
- Base Wash: Your face needs to be smooth and clean, before you start applying your
make up. Hence wash up well; you may also undergo facials in the parlour or go for a quickie clean up routine at home. Anti bacterial soap should be used if you have acne on your face. Apply toner to remove the residue dirt and to restore the pH balance in balance.
- Moisturizer: Apply moisturizer on the skin irrespective of the skin type and wait for a few minutes for the skin to absorb it.
- Primer: Apply Base coatr on your face: it would help your make up to last longer and help in reducing the pores on your face.
- Concealer and Foundation: Apply concealer on the spots and blemishes on your face and then apply the foundation. Foundation, like every other make up material, is available in different shades and hues and you should choose the foundation that is suitable for your skin.
- Highlighter: Apply highlighter on your cheek bones and brow bones etc. It will help in highlighting the contours and profile of your face.
- Smile and Blush: Apply blush to the apples of your cheeks and below your cheek bones. Smile before you do so, to lock the blush on to the exact position. Blend it back towards the hairline.
- Eyeliner: You may use light brown or black eye liner to line your eyes. Use lighter eye shade on the eye lids and crease. With a darker colour complementary to the lighter eye shade, start at the outer corner of the eye and draw the shadow along the crease and the edge of the eye lid. Use a light shade on the outer side of the bottom lid.
- Eyebrow Pencil: If you have gaps in your eye brow, use eyebrow pencil to fill in the missed area(s).
- Mascara: By using a clean mascara brush, coat the eye lashes in such a way that they stand out in their individual lengths.
9. Time and make up: For daytime make up, use lighter shades and neutral colours; use just a coat or two of the make up materials to keep the effect lighter. In the evenings or at night, use brighter shades, glitters, more coats and indulge in a variety of colours.
Q I am undergoing certain eye related issues and am under treatment for it. I use light make up most of the time. Can I touch up a light bit on my eyes too? My eyes look sunken while the rest of my face is nicely made up.
As you are undergoing eye treatment, you should refer this question to your ophthalmologist. He is the right person to respond, as he knows the current status of your eye issue. One thing for sure is don’t use cheap quality products.
Q When going for parties I usually apply foundation. Do I need to wear powder over my foundation as well?
Yes, you should apply foundation especially if you have oily or combination skin. Because, Powder helps foundation to stay for long and controls the oils to give it a better look. It is also helpful for smooth application of other powder-based products, such as blush and eye shadow.
Well, make up does give a boosted confidence to a woman. It should however be well worn, and not to be left with blotches and blemishes around the face.
Make up depends upon the mind-set of a woman. Some women look amazing without make up too. To do make up or not to do, depends upon your time element, convenience, compatibility of the make up materials with your skin type and the pride you take in maintaining of your appearance.
“I love the confidence that makeup gives me.”
– Tyra Banks