Smita M Agarwal ⋅ Flower arrangement ⋅ exceptional qualities, Flower Arrangement, flower arrangements at home, flower jewellery, The Flower Jewelry We Wear, Types of Flower Arrangement, Types of Flowers ⋅ No comments
Flowers have a way of understanding a woman’s heart; in a way flowers are like a woman; soft, endearing, exceptional, beautiful, sensitive and comes wearing lots of colors!
There is nothing better than flowers to give as a gift and there is nothing better than flowers to receive as gift. Whether you receive them as gifts or buy for your home, it’s important to know the basics of flower arrangement. There are a few general tips given as follows:
1. Types of Flower Arrangements: There are different types of flower arrangements viz., Free Standing arrangement, Hogarth’s Curve arrangement, vertical arrangement, horizontal arrangement, oval arrangement, minimal arrangement, crescent arrangement and Triangular arrangement.
3. Identify the types of flowers received by you or buy the flowers according to the types specified so that you shall be able to do the flower arrangement according to your chosen type as a visual treat to your family and friends.
4. Line Flowers: Just like their name suggests the Line flowers are the ones that add height and width to your flower base structure. Certain examples of such flowers are snapdragons, gladiolus, liatris, tuberose, curly willow, bells of Ireland, delphiniums etc.
5. Mass Flowers are the God Particle of the flower arrangement; they give the mass or the weight to the flowers. The lovely Rose comes under this category. Certain other examples are Tulips, Iris, Lilies, Daffodils, sunflowers, magnolias, daisies etc.
6. Filler Flowers: Filler flowers are the ones that fill in the space between the line and the mass flowers and give us the visual appeal of the flower arrangement.
7. Choose the container: Vase is the most common form of container used for the flower arrangement. You could try different forms of container, including synthetics, metal, stone, plastics, hand-painted containers, terra cotta, glass etc. Change the routine and bring in bright and shinning colour in the flower combination; keep it in the centre of the room. People will look delightedly star-struck!
8. Flowers submerged in water: Roses, lilies and a variety of orchids, sturdy calla are some of the flowers that can be kept submerged in water. Remove the leaves that are submerged in water. A teaspoon of glycerine added to the water shall help in increasing the life of the flowers. Use lukewarm water and keep the cut flowers in the vertical position.
9. How to choose the flowers for arrangement: You may choose the flowers based on the colour combination you have in mind, based on the different meanings of the flowers, (fluorography), and based on the flowers you love the most, based on the texture, size, colour and the harmony of the combination of flowers.
10. Use localized flowers: It’s best to use the flowers that are native to your locality; they survive better in your arrangement
11. Suggestions of combination of flowers in the arrangement: Combination of peach, green and white, just peach and green, yellow, white and red, the same colour arrangement like the pure white types, red, yellow and blue together etc.
The beautiful and natural flower patterns in light weight gold and diamonds in various jewellery sets are one of the most famous jewellery trends in 2012. It is also expected to rule the 2013 trends too.
Termwiki refers to flower jewellery as,
“a piece of jewelry that features flower stations or gemstone arrangements designed to resemble a flower”.
Flower jewellery comes in various hues and colours, just like the original flowers; they can either be bought outright or can be made to order in select jewellery show rooms.
Q. Though it’s my passion to buy flowers and decorate my home with flower arrangements from time to time, I don’t generally get to buy the flowers of my choice as I live in a semi urban area. How can I go about getting the flowers of my choice?
Simple, really! These days you can order whatever you want from online. There are specialized websites and e-shopping sites that cater to almost all the requirements of the customers. Google and order any number of flowers of your choice and enrich your flower arrangements at home.
A woman can arrange a bunch of flowers far better than a man, sorry folks, because she understands their language, their laughter, their sweetness, their endearing and exceptional qualities. You see, in a way, women are like the flowers too!
Like Gerald De Nerval had said,
“Each flower is a soul opening out to nature.”
How very true?
E-Book - Flower Arrangement
Book - Fresh Flower Arranging
No related posts.